Tuesday, October 23, 2012

MORE FACEBOOK POSTS FOR MY NON-FACEBOOK FRIENDS

October 21, 2012

Isn't it funny how your mental state and physical health can affect the way you see your environment? Just a few days ago I was so happy to see the first rain and was exclaiming about the "freshly washed leaves." After 2 full weeks fighting this blasted cold and doing the forced yard work when I was feeling so weak totally changed what I saw today. Everything looked soaked, and the leaves are more brown and drab now. It is chillier and there is a bite in the wind. I didn't see any beauty at all. My eyes saw winter.

 

My post about the Romney non-serving sons when their mother equated serving a Mormon Mission with serving in the military:

Sometimes one can hide behind "Thou shalt not kill" because it also means "Thou shalt not die." If you TRULY believe in not killing, why do you want a "formidable armed forces?"

Republican trick or treater

republican trick or treat

Sorry the print is so miniscule.  My program doesn’t allow me to decide how large the image will be.  It decides for me.  Sighhhhh

October 19th

I just went to a site where we could drop a comment predicting the next debate between Obama and Romney. The hatred was dripping. I could not stand it another minute, so I replied. I hope at least ONE of them will take it to heart. I doubt that they will. But I had to try...........


This is so incredibly sad. I spent a lifetime trying to teach children to seek the truth and be sure of the facts, to make good decisions for themselves because mama and papa would not be there forever to take care of them. Then to see these posts--so full of assumptions and opinions and so little facts. It appears that the teaching was a complete failure. Some of these posts come from the heart, but I don't know where the others originate. I had no idea there was this much anger and hatred walking the streets of our country. This is outright scary!

Obama has done all one man could do in his short term--and he was completely handicapped by the opposition who refused to even negotiate. NO ONE MAN can be responsible for all that the opposition wants to blame him for. In baseball, they blame the Pitcher, but there are 9 men on the team. In football, they blame the Quarterback, but there are 11 men on the field for each play. In government, they blame the President, but there are TWO HOUSES OF CONGRESS who can stop him dead in his tracks. The Republicans were willing to SHUT DOWN THE COUNTRY rather than negotiate. IMO, they should be charged with treason. You don't need guns to destroy a country. The House Republicans are living proof.

Romney has said that he will create new jobs when he is President, but he KNOWS that NO SINGLE MAN can do anything that powerful. The best he can do is provide ideas. His rich cronies are sitting on the hundreds of millions of dollars that went to bail out the banking industry, watching the middle class squirm in agony. The economy would be in mid-recovery if they would lend that money out, but INTEREST RATES ARE TOO LOW for them to continue to rape the middle class as they have over the past decade. So they play on their yachts and in their European and Asian vacation homes, while here in the USA hundreds of people each month are still losing their homes or falling deeper and deeper into debt while they wait for a job.

The Republicans said the reason for blocking the bill to give Americans jobs was "to cut spending." That bill should have been called THE JOBS BILL. That's what it was. This was money that would have gone TO the PEOPLE. It would have been spent IN the ECONOMY. It would have rebuilt failing roads and bridges and would have put thousands of people to work. The same can be said about the bill to provide help to returning veterans, but the Republicans have tunnel vision--and apparently, no hearts.

It is easy to call us "bleeding heart liberals" because we care for our fellow man, but as a Christian, that was what I was taught Jesus wanted me to do. I am on Social Security and I would not benefit from any of the cuts Romney wants to initiate. I do not have a portfolio. I am not concerned with interest and gains. Not a lot of us are. And yes, I am one of the 47% he is willing to disregard because--paraphrasing his own terms--I don't count to him.

I am white, but I am happier about the Obamas in the White House than I have been about any First Family before them. I cannot relate to millionaire Presidents--and they cannot relate to me or any of the people I know. I hope all of you who are so viciously angry at him will take some time to think about what a single man can do. Look at the fact that Bin Laden is DEAD. Look at the fact that the government is trying to keep us safe. Hug your loved ones, and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." If you can do that, we can come out of this okay. If you can't, we are in real trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment