Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Monday after a No-Seahawks Sunday

It is 3:30 in the morning, and I should be sleeping.  I go in for my eye check up this afternoon, and my eyes are going to be tired and may thus test as weaker than they really are.  I am worried that I may get glasses that will end up too strong for what I actually need.  I will have to tell Dr. Lin what I have done.  I really like him.  He is young and handsome and of Korean descent.

I was not very good about getting anything done this weekend.  The leaves are not yet off the trees, and yet we are being bombarded by winter-type rains.  Poor Bremerton (and actually US, I think) were soaked in SIX INCHES of rain in 48 hours.  It is a new record, according to Channel 4’s Steve Pool, whom I like and follow for weather news.  At any rate, it was certainly not conducive to being very productive—not even to being particularly active!

I was tickled to receive a check from my dahling son—overpayment for shipping charges for the gazoodles of gold ornaments I got in the mail last week, so I got that deposited to the Credit Union account today.  I have the remaining gold ornaments that I intend to keep for future trees still in the car, but I didn’t take them to storage due to the pouring rain.  I didn’t want to let all of that moisture into the units.

Garbage was collected this morning, so Sunday night—in the pouring rain--I had to push the cans to the street.  Also had to go next door to push down Doris’ can—still in the pouring rain, and the darkness.  I need to tell her if she won’t leave her porch light on, I’m not going to do that any more.  That driveway is equally steep as mine and I don’t want to fall.  Her darned kids will be there on Sunday and still leave that chore to me.  I am slowly learning to resent them and I am ashamed of myself.  Walking across my yard to her driveway, I am painfully aware of all the fallen leaves that are becoming a carpet of sogginess that will not be good for my plants if they are allowed to stay there.  I have to wait for a few days of dryness to make them “blowable” with the leaf blower.

I also have to go to Home Depot (after payday) to get a bottle of spray on Moss Out for my roof.  While it *looked* all cleared off after Tyler swept off the old moss, the minute the rain hit, the remaining spores or seeds or whatever it is that makes moss grow, sprung back to life, and the north side of my roof is already tinged green.  Last week, while walking Little Man at Home Depot (to be out of the rain) I sought out the Moss Out aisle and discovered the bottled stuff that Stan had told me about when I lived in the big house.  It will take a week of dry weather to do any good.  I don’t know if that is anywhere in my future from what we are experiencing right now.

I’ve been sleeping on the daybed again this week, and last night I put Poco in his crate and closed his door so that I could have a whole twin bed to myself.  He was incredibly insulted and was talking to me through his door to come out and sleep with me at 3 a.m.  I ignored him till about 7-ish.  He was delighted to be free!  He does not like that door closed.  He will go to his fuzzy bed in the crate and nap there every now and again—but the door is always open and he can come and go at will.

I just finished my 2nd beer in a week’s time.  I have not been able to drink beer all my life—just hated the taste.  But research is showing that one beer or one glass of wine per day is good for women in various studies.  I can drink wine if it is a small glass and if it has some sweetness to it, otherwise I get a headache.  I wanted to learn to like beer to have with pizza.  I have found that I actually like Miller High Life.  It must be a very poor quality of beer for me to like it.  LOL  I wanted to find a Light beer, so will see if this comes in a Light next time I am shopping.

I am trying to learn to eat more beans.  Because of the gassiness, I have not enjoyed them in the past.   And I only liked them in the past if they were cooked with onions and ham hocks.  Now I am trying to include them in salads and soups.  I need more fiber.  I am very happy with the regularity I get from 400 mg of Magnesium, but I know more fiber would be better for me.

I had a posting on my FB page tonight that Hostess may not be going out of business immediately after all.  I hope not, for the sake of all the workers.  It may make their holiday season a lot happier.

I had a nice call from Richard tonight.  I was a little distracted because he called while Dancing With the Stars was on and some of the competition dances were going on.  He has a very original idea about how he wants to do the tree, and I hope it turns out smashingly for him.  He is the original Grinch when it comes to Christmas.  He told me that his goal is to get his Christmas decorations down to 1 box.  Sheesh.  It takes one box for just my Christmas cards!

It isn’t even Thanksgiving, and I have been playing Christmas music already and thinking about how to decorate my yard this year.  I am so much a Spirit of Christmas, but in a secular way.  I know that I am going to start looking for my Christmas sweaters this week!

My beer has made me sleepy, so at 4 a.m. I am going to try to sleep.  I hope I succeed!  I have a lot to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment