The Queen is not happy. (Borrowed from a friend. :)) For years, I have had a bookmark in my Chrome Bookmark toolbar that took me to my news feed page. Somehow, it has disappeared and in its place id a bookmark to take me to my home page. I don't want to see what I posted yesterday--I want to see what others are saying. My problem is ignorance (not knowing.) I don't know how to get to that page from here. Cuss word. In fact, ten cuss words in a row.
………………………………………………………………………………………..
I left that much there but deleted all of the following. I was posting a train of thought and it was far more than friends of friends need to see. So I copied it to WordPad and then to here. At least I won’t have wasted all that time I spent writing. This is the rest of the post from Miz Gabby Face! LOL
I need something to take my mind off of football AND the narrowing gap between Obama and Mittens. I do not think I am mentally stable enough to withstand another stolen election, and if it is close enough, that is what I expect to happen. Again.
Although I am still coughing and still very weak, I forced myself out of bed and into the yard to dig plants and transplant the ones still sitting in the carport. It is against Park rules to have more than 3 containers OF ANY KIND OF PLANTS showing from the street side. I was awakened just after noon by a loud knock on the door, but I did not answer because I was in my pajamas and no one else in the park went to sleep at 6 a.m. I just didn't feel like explaining. But I figured it was the Park manager. I had been told to have them out of sight by the first, but then got sick and have been in bed for a week. So I figured I'd better make an attempt.
I am happy that my chest appears to be clearing a little. I don't make that horrid sound anymore when I inhale, but I am still coughing. I was too weak to be out there, but I know when I was in the hospital, the nurses made me get up and walk annoyingly frequently. So I went out to give it a try. I managed to dig about a dozen and a half iris tubers and made a wond'rous discovery in my Asian lilies. I planted a bunch of individual little bulbs and separate stocks came up to bear the lovely flowers, but when I dug down to lift them today, I found that the Lily BORG had struck. What was once a group of very small bulbs had turned into two HUGE "growths" of multiple bulbs all growing tightly in 2 balls. I can see no way to separate them as of now. I am going to have to take them to the nursery and ask for help. As I was staring at the congested bulb-things, in my mind I was hearing "Resistance is futile" spoken in Jean Luc Piccard's voice. LOL
I did cut back more Hostas and pulled tons of those blasted little wild violets that have invaded my yard from next door. They are their own kind of Morning Glory or Bamboo. Once they get a hold, they don't let go. I managed to plant multiple hills of Snap Dragons and again cut back the ferns that are growing in front of the stone walls. Once it gets cold, they will stop growing, but now they seem to sprout in mere days. I had already cut the Calla Lilies to nubs and had transplanted a holly and a big Hibiscus into the bed beside the driveway. The crazy Day Lilies think I was just giving them a hair cut instead of beheading them. They are regrowing and are already nearly a foot tall. Silly things. The Rose of Sharons are still in full bloom. It is crazy. The weather is getting cooler and yet they are still in bloom.
The last plums have been picked and now there are those on the ground that had fallen and rolled under rhododendrons and azaleas. I "get" to dig those out now. Goody. (I remember an old song, "They're icky sticky goo.....") I want to prune it before the leaves fall. The leaves are very small and they ALSO get under the plants and IN the plants. They are a pain to get up and out. I am loving the dry warmish weather until I see the moon like it was last night. With all of the smoke from the fires in the upper atmosphere now, the moon is a vivid shade of orange. Beautiful, but spooky! And sad. It reminds me of all the homes people have lost and all the animals who died. So sad.
The Football Gods are frowning on the Northwest today. My brother's Oregon State Beavers pounded the poor Washington State Cougars in the morning game, and then in the afternoon, the Oregon Ducks smashed the UDub Huskies. Sighhhhh Russell and Pete and the Seahawks gang are playing last year's Wonderchild, Cam Newton in Carolina tomorrow. I have a scary feeling. This is one we are supposed to be able to win. WE had 2 of those earlier in the year, and we managed to lose both of those. I just pray that nothing out of the ordinary happens. I can't stomach any more of the NFL Network's ridicule and name calling of MY team for an error made by an official. They were playing their hearts out and this time, they got the break--NO ONE said a WORD when another team America loves, the Stealers, stole our Super Bowl ring with bad call after bad call. I'm not going to pray. God is busy with the world. He isn't going to care about a football game.
OH--one more sad sports event. BOTH of the American League Western Division Baseball teams were blown out in the one-game play-offs for the League Championship and the right to go to the World Series. Texas lost to Baltimore and Oakland lost to Detroit. I should be happy because we traded Dougie Fister (all six foot six inches of him) to Detroit, and they are in the playoffs. Problem is, the ex-Mariner that most of the city wants to make it to the World Series is Ichiro, and he is playing for the Yankees. Jimmy would have told me to let it go. There is nothing I can do to influence it in any way.
I just found the first debate replaying on TV and am further aggravated at Mittens whom the pundits announced as the winner. He was rude and aggressive. His debate manners stunk! He also said nothing on his own. All he did was parrot what the man in the street is saying--and in so doing, pretended that he "understood" what was going on in this country. Man! He makes me physically ILL. He ended with how he would support the military--and all FIVE of his non-military sons walked up on the stage with their never-served father. I am sick of old men creating wars and young men dying. This is too long for a post. I'm glad that only my friends can see it. I am going to go get some coffee and a cup of peppermint ice cream!
No comments:
Post a Comment