I am still fighting my raging insomnia, so I didn’t go to sleep till after 5 a.m. Tuesday morning. So it was no wonder that I didn’t wake till noon. But I figured that 7 hours was enough sleep and I made myself stay up.
I had found a check from Doris that I had had since July, so I took that to the Credit Union and deposited that. I also took a car full of boxes from the clutter here in the house and took them to the storage unit. I had planned to work at emptying T26 today—at least start that—but I also decided to take advantage of the big window in the back of the unit by putting together some plant stands I had up at the house before our owner changed our rules. I had to have some bolts to do this, so I went to the little Hardware store I like and shopped for those. I also had to have 2 tiny screws or bolts to put in my porch light fixture. I have to take it apart to change bulbs, and when I had it apart last, I lost the little pieces. So I had to take that in to be sure the threads would fit.
On the way home to pick up the light fixture, I saw 2 book cases sitting in a driveway out by the street. There was a FOR SALE sign on them, but I was past before I could see what the price was, so I turned around and went back. They were Colonial Maple in finish and were the short kind that would fit under a window of average height. They were only asking $20 for the pair, so I went to the door and told the girl I only had fifteen dollars in my billfold, but I would go to the ATM and get the rest and be right back.
I folded the car seats down and put one book case in the back to take to the unit. Both wouldn’t fit, I didn’t think. I got the money at the ATM and dropped off the one book case on the way back to the owner’s house. Then paid her the other five dollars and picked up the other case. I got them to the unit and washed them down. They had been in her garage and were all dusty. They are missing the little pegs that hold the shelves in place, so I will have to pick some up tomorrow.
I have one plant stand together and discovered that I got carriage bolts that are an inch too long, so have to take those back tomorrow. I am so frustrated when I am so careful measuring and still don’t get it right. These units are only heated to fifty degrees, so I will be able to winter over my fuchsias and geraniums, I think. That will save some $$. Until such time as I need to take over the plants, I am going to use the hooks to hang coats or garments or “stuff” that needs to be hung.
It was a lot cooler today and I was so grateful. I am happiest and do the best work when the temps are in the sixties. Seventies are too hot, and fifties are too cold unless you are working in the yard and exerting a lot of effort.
So with the unexpected gift of the book cases, the multiple trips to the hardware and erratic measuring, hauling boxes and stacking stuff in the unit, I was a Pooped Penguin when dinner time came.
We watched the Mariners game on the daybed and I didn’t have the computer open. I owed it to me to enjoy that game. I had SO wanted to go.
Oh—before I forget. My darling son wrote a note and told me that my credit union offers a service called Popmoney. It enables people to make monetary transfers via the internet and between different institutions in different places. So I used the link he sent me and got set up to be able to use that. Needless to say, *I* will not be transferring dollars TO anyone. Sigh. But it is a wonderful resource to have for emergencies!
It is now twenty after one in the morning and I need to try to sleep. The Mariners game tomorrow is at noon, so I can be listening while I am sorting and moving boxes. I am proud of all I got done today, and Little Man got to come along for the whole thing since it was no longer so hot. He has his own fan club at every place we stop. He is sleeping very soundly now. I shall try to do the same.
I hope all my friends and family are snoring away!
No comments:
Post a Comment