I swear, the days seem to be flying by, and yet when I am working, the time seems to drag. My work comes so slowly and at such a physical PRICE. I hate getting old. OTOH, when I consider the alternative is not to exist, I have to shut up. But, though my mouth is closed and I am silent, my mind is STILL saying “old age stinks!” LOL
I had not created a bookmark to get me to this home page, and when I attempted to get on and see what I had written in my last entry, I had to go through a ton of gyrations to locate that page. As a result, I had to post part of an entry to find it! My memory is so pathetic, I had thought that I just made the move into the new unit THIS Monday, so I have had to make corrections. As it is now, I can’t get to the other entry to remove it because I didn’t compose it on the site. So again—damned if I do, and damned if I don’t. I feel like that little cartoon Ziggy—walking around with my own personal rain cloud over my head, dripping rain only on me.
I spent a couple of hours yesterday and three hours today at the new unit, still putting more boxes on shelves and emptying more that were crammed for the convenience of the moving men. As a result, I have found some beautiful things I didn’t even remember I had! The first thing is a pair of white rocking horses for Christmas. When Jim was alive, I was actively seeking them for my collection, but they became too hard to find and too expensive. I am so glad I found these because they will be front and center SOMEWHERE in this house next Christmas.
I am dismayed at how slowly I am recovering from “bad” days nowadays. When Dick and JD were up here, I was 2/3 sick. I was a terrible drag on them and probably ruined that one day of their vacation. Whatever it was, I was extremely weak. I felt like I might fall over at any given second. I could not walk straight and every step hurt. I realized later that I was on a real low for caffeine (and probably sugar) and I had no pain pills along. But when I got off the ferry, I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to get to the parking lot because there is a very long loading ramp at Bainbridge Island. Then by the time I stumbled to the terminal, I had to face that steep hill. My car was parked at the top of the hill. I was literally frightened that I may fall over on the pavement and no one would be able to lift me up. Thank God there was a little elderly couple just getting into their cars at the very bottom of the hill as we stepped out of the terminal. I told them how lucky they were, that I was parked at the top of the hill and I wasn’t sure I could get to it. They told me to hop in and ride up with them. I could have hugged them both!
But for whatever reason, I was still weak and half sick all the rest of that week. Better than I had been on my day with the boys, but still not back to normal. I had just seen Dr. G. and my blood work was all okay. I am not so sure about my heart, though. Jim used to say that he felt weak before he had his heart attacks. So I am doing some extra reading online. So far, nothing to give me any warnings.
The weakness seems to be my greatest problem. I am eating more because I thought that might be my problem. All I’ve done is managed to put on 2 pounds. Not what I wanted! So now I am changing again—trying 5 teeny meals. That is current philosophy. But I am having a hard time with what they say I should eat. SUGAR is the current “bad boy” on the block, and of course, I am still addicted to Coke Classic.
I am struggling to do the things I must. I am tossing 2 big garbage cans full of garbage each week. Tossed shoes this week—my hugest problem area. I had old flip flops and old tennis shoes that no one could wear, so out they went. Now when I have to work in the mud or dirt, I feel bad that I have to wear better shoes than I have worn in the past. But there is more room, so that is a good thing.
Thank goodness for Facebook. I hated it at first. I only got on it so that I could at least see what things my son was doing, but it has been a great way to get into the political scene and find others who feel as I do about government. (I have given up on my neighbors. They will be dying off soon, so that will take care of them. Of course, the same can be said for me, but I am so proud of my son’s way of thinking that I can feel my ideas will continue to be supported.) I met a really neat gal in Green Bay, Wisconsin because she wrote a reply to my comment about getting their back-up quarterback when we got Matt Flynn. I met Rosie Jackson in Toronto when we traded guys on our teams to each other. She liked a Brandon that we got and I loved a Brandon that they got. We discovered that we both had Chihuahuas and we are both Liberal thinkers. We actually first met in a Yahoo group where the ladies created cute stationery to use on an e-mail program called INCREDIMAIL. I dropped out of the group and I don’t know if Rosie did or not.
Poor Ros, in Texas, has been having incredible trouble with her computers. She has a daughter and grandson who are more familiar with them than she is, but both have full time jobs and the grandson is also in college, I think, so she doesn’t always get immediate help. We met when Sophie used to write letters to Ros’ mother, Vesta. When Vesta and Sophie had passed on, Ros and I continued our friendship. She has 2 dogs instead of one—and also has a darling black kitty. I worry for her, though, because there are poisonous snakes in San Antonio and her baby doggies go out in the grass to do their business. She has a glorious huge yard full of big oak trees. It is gorgeous.
My friend here in Washington just lost her husband this past winter and she is having that hard time that we all have just after we are alone again. I should write more than I do, but by posting things here, everyone can read it at once and I don’t have to repeat my same boring story. The best thing about Patty and me is that we both love the President and cannot abide the thinking of the rabid Republicans who believe the lies from FOX news. She gets a lot of really neat UTube and Power Point shows, too.
I am so glad I can get the NFL network! With pre-season football starting this week, they are full of news and they repeat over and over if you miss it the first time around. For a change, the Seahawks are getting some air time. Pete has taken on Terrell Owens. For my non-football friends, he is a problem-child (from the past) who is an extremely talented football player, but who had let his ego get him in trouble by doing stupid things on the field and saying stupid things to his coaches and the press. Year before last, he was injured and then did not get signed by any team. He had to sit out a year, and then this year when he held his try-out, NO team came to watch. So when Pete called him, he was ready to go. Carroll had talked to the last Quarterback he had played with and that guy gave him a great review, so Pete signed him as a Receiver. If he is ANYWHERE NEAR what he used to be, we are in for a GREAT season! I sure hope so!
In the meantime, Peyton Manning plays with the Broncos on Thursday and RG3 opens his season on Friday. I have a funeral to go to Saturday morning, then at 7 that night, my Hawks play. It looks like the new guy (T.O.) will be playing. Makes it sound exciting!
It is now 3:02 a.m. and instead of anything sweet, I have now eaten about half a dozen celery stalks of about 5” and I think I will be able to avoid any carbs before sleep. The web says we like carbs because they are sleep inducing. I just don’t want their FAT inducing!
Tomorrow I have to make appointments. Poco needs his Rabies booster. I need my mammogram and appointments with both the eye doctor and the dentist. (Thank God for insurance!) He had his bath last week and I got a haircut. Lawsy did I get a HAIRCUT! Looks like I fell into a lawnmower. Thank goodness it grows out!
I hope all of you who are reading this had a good night’s sleep Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment