Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I HAVE NOT BEEN WRITING ENOUGH

I am still awake at almost 3 a.m.  I had taken my Acetaminophen with the allergy meds included (which usually makes me sleepy) and had turned out all of the lights to sleep.  Problem was my muscles were tired and I couldn’t settle down to sleep.  For whatever reason, Poco, who seems to be very independent of me while we are awake, has decided that he MUST sleep smack against me when the lights go out.  This would be wonderful, except for the fact that he has to chew on his smelly bully stick.  That darned thing just GAGS me.  I know that my doggie wants to snuggle, so I *try* to ignore the smell and sleep. But it has always ended in Failure!  I just can’t hack it.

This morning, I gave up and turned the lights on.  I would rather be sleeping. I did a lot today and I deserve a good night’s rest.  I think I have found a way around my failure to stay at a task in my cleaning.  I used to try to work in a steady block of time till I was tripping over *everything* and in danger of falling down.  By then, I was usually so tired that I would end up having to lie down but would NOT go back to work after I had rested.

Today I started working for half an hour to an hour and then lying down till the aches subsided and getting back up.  Instead of doing things as I had done in the past, today I started doing things in *pieces.*  Instead of mopping the kitchen and entry and baths all on the same day and one after the other, I did just one.  Worked on the entry.  Was not as worn out or frustrated, and now there is one area of the floor that makes the rest look like I MUST get to it.  I hope it is going to keep me focused and moving.

I had to take not one, but TWO little 13” TVs to storage till I can dispose of them.  I broke the little white one I had bought at the garage sale for ten dollars (and it had worked like a charm—had the VCR in the base, and all—when I was in the process of replacing a dead modem/box from Comcast.  I had given my little black Toshiba to Coral when they were up here a couple of weeks ago.  I had used it in the bedroom, and when I set up the new LCD TV, I didn’t want to pay to dispose of it, so I gave it to Coral.  I didn’t send her the remote, so she could not set it up.  Sadly for me, when I tried to set it up in the kitchen, I could not get a picture.  I assumed that I would need a remote and still could not find it.  So, for all intents and purposes, it is dead in the water and now sitting in storage.

Since I have many hours of work facing me in the kitchen, I wanted a TV, but the 20” one that sits in the little den has not been hooked to the cable for months since the new modem that is a part of the rental DVR would not work with a 20 year old set.  It lacked the proper hook-ups.  But since I now had a little simple box, I was able to take it to the den and hook it up to the 20” set.  By setting the cart in the doorway to the den, I can watch it across the entry hall.  I mostly listen when I am working, anyway, so it will work fine.  If it weren’t so darned heavy, I could put it on the counter in the kitchen; but because of its weight, I am afraid to haul it.  I can just see me dropping it—probably on my FOOT—and then having no TV and an instant need for an ambulance!  But it was super to be able to listen to The Voice while I got our dinner.

I did a batch of vacuuming and tossed several pair of many-years-old shoes that I had been waffling back and forth about keeping. 

Cleaned the oven and fertilized houseplants.  Sorted some dishes in one cupboard and found a box full to take to give away.  Cleared out a couple of shelves in the door of the fridge and tossed some old stuff from the freezer.

I was really pooped by that time, and came to bed to watch some TV.  But my meds made me sleepy enough that I *thought* I was going to get a good long night’s sleep.  It is now 4 a.m., so I expect I will succeed now!  I hope so, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment