Sunday, July 29, 2012

This may be a Red Letter Day!

I have too many storage units!  My son has continually begged me to get rid of stuff and get out of units.  I think I made a move that will help make this possible.  I got into a new unit.  It is a commercial unit with electrical outlets, multiple overhead  light fixtures (so you an SEE your stuff) and a big window at the back so it will be more productive to work there.  It has a wood floor and all of the walls are painted white.

The space will  cost less.  Secondly, they are running a special to get people into the new units, and on August first, I will have 2 men and a truck to haul stuff from my old units to this one.  I have them for four hours.  I think they can empty 3 units because none of them are densely packed, and best of all, the fridge I want for my kitchen will be where it can be easily reached when I am ready for it.  As soon as they do that, I have saved $140.00.

The unit is right across from the office and Lindsey has offered to help with garage sales I can hold right there.  Normally, they don’t like sales of individual units, but because this is very near the entry, I can have as many as I want, so I plan to do that.

I had one unexpected break today.  I had one small unit that did not have much  in it, and I was able to move the entire contents to the new one today and will save another $75.  I am exhausted!  I hauled it all in the Trail Blazer, so by the time I finished clearing it out, I was drenched with sweat.  We swung into Taco Time which is almost right across the street and I got a taco.  Came home and fed Little Man and stumbled into the shower. By the time I got to the daybed, I felt like I was about to die.  But it didn’t take long being flat on my back for life to return.  (It didn’t hurt that I was able to get down some Advil and Tylenol!)  By the way—my doctor’s nurse told me that it is okay to take both Advil and Tylenol at the same time.  I am going to check with my Dr. before I do it again. But today it seemed necessary.

Tomorrow is Sunday and I plan to work at the units some.  I have a lot of loose stuff that won’t fit in a  box and will be hard for the men to move, so if I clear that stuff off the shelves, they can move shelves and I can put the stuff back on them when they are bringing the next load. 
Then I have to do some major cutting back of dead flowers and foliage, and I need to cut off a whole bunch of ferns that come up in my rock walls every year.  I cut the heck out of them but they come right back.  They are pretty when they are small, but they soon overpower the wall and look messy.

The plum tree is bearing so heavily this year that I have already cut off several small branches and the fruit they had.  Had to do that to save the branch from splitting at the trunk.  I am going to look up a recipe for plum jam and one for plum cobbler.  It should be tasty.

Poco has a new name.  He is Poco Loco!  Little Nutcase!  He is so bark-faced when we are out and yet at home in the house, he has finally become the dog I wanted.  Tonight he is sleeping soundly.  It is good for him to be out with me all day.  I had him with me at the units, then walked him up by Home Depot on one of the breaks between “hauls” when I took stuff home to the house and brought some things from the house to storage.  He LOVES to sniff.  Sniff, sniff and sniff some more.  He seems fascinated by where other critters have gone, and we have baby squirrels, rats and mice and raccoons.  He will now go out the back door without a leash, but I have to be right there to stop him from going beyond the immediate back porch area.  He prefers to go around the end of the house, of course—but he is getting SO much better about stopping and coming back when told to.  He still refuses to recognize “come.”  I refuse to give up.

The news just announced that there is a meteorite shower tonight, but we have clouds.  It has been cloudy all day, thank goodness.  Had it been sunny, I don’t think I’d have achieved half as much.

I am angry at my life in a singular way.  Every time something significant happens, there will be a plethora of junky little business that will come up that will need attention, and I won’t get to write in my journal.  So when I try to remember what I was thinking at the time, there is no record.  This happened with the Mariners this week.  First, we lost Ichiro.  The only record I have of my thoughts are from dinky little posts on Facebook.  Then, today Randy Johnson (the Big Unit) and Dan Wilson (his catcher) were inducted into the Mariner’s Hall of Fame.  There was a luncheon on the field at Safeco yesterday that I wanted to go to SOOOO BAD.  But it wasn’t something I felt like doing alone, so of course, I didn’t get to go.  (sniffle-sniff)  Then today, they were inducted before the game against Kansas City.  They wanted a big crowd, so they didn’t televise the game.  Good move, but hard on those of us who couldn’t get there.  I listened on the radio and really enjoyed the interview with Randy Johnson.  Best of all, the M’s won the game.

I have not yet gotten onto the Seahawks website.  Today was the first day of early camp and the 3 QBs were all working.  I love to read what is going on with the team.  I think we are going to surprise a few people this year.  I think we will be better than they are expecting.  I sure hope so, anyway.

My arthritis acted up pretty badly today.  I think I am just going to have to accept that I can no longer do very much without pain.  My right shoulder, right thumb and left knee gave out completely.  I had worked for over 3 hours yesterday evening during the baseball game chopping grass out of the bed along the driveway where I want to plant the petunias and snapdragons that are still in small plant containers from Home Depot.  I was beat last night, so I expect to feel a little like I’ve been hit by a train in the morning.  I hope the temps will be warm but not hot and that we won’t have rain.

I am going to check e-mail and try to sleep so I can be up early tomorrow.  Little Man wants to go out.  He is such a love!

No comments:

Post a Comment